The METROFOOD subgroup promotes inter-laboratory activities for elemental analysis of candidate Reference Materials (RMs):
- RM- Rice Flour;
- RM- Rice Grain;
- RM- Oyster.
The aim of SG METROFOOD is to pull together transversal activities within WG2, WG3 and WG4 to achieve the following objectives and activities.
- To increase the capability of TXRF application on food and improve the methodology for the assessment of sample preparation strategies and TXRF measurements for screening, quality control and safety analysis.
- Analysis of Reference Materials (RM) by other spectroscopic techniques;
- Comparison of analytical performances.
- To develop optimized protocols for TXRF analysis of foodstuff;
- To enhance the validated protocols and proposing new ISO Standards.
- Collaborating to build up the physical infrastructure within METROFOOD-RI – infrastructure for promoting Metrology in Food and Nutrition: with specific reference to Food Quality & Safety (www.metrofood.eu);
- Providing TXRF data devoted to the characterisation of RMs;
- Preparation of standard operating procedures from sample preparation, qualitative and quantitative analysis, uncertainty estimation in TXRF measurements.