- To increase the capability of TXRF application on food and improve the methodology for the assessment of sample preparation strategies and TXRF measurements for screening, quality control and safety analysis.
In Collaboration with WG4
- Analysis of Reference Materials (RM) by other spectroscopic techniques;
- Comparison of analytical performances.
Working closely with WG2:
- To develop optimized protocols for TXRF analysis of foodstuff;
- To enhance the validated protocols and proposing new ISO Standards.
- Collaborating to build up the physical infrastructure within METROFOOD-RI – infrastructure for promoting Metrology in Food and Nutrition: with specific reference to Food Quality & Safety (www.metrofood.eu);
- Providing TXRF data devoted to the characterisation of RMs;
- Promoting inter-laboratory activities for elemental analysis of candidate RMs:
- RM- Rice Flour;
- RM- Rice Grain;
- RM- Oyster.